OWN is the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities. OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform Oprah.com.
OWN seeks a bright, highly motivated, positive individual to provide administrative and project support to the fast-paced, highly visible in-house Business and Legal Affairs (BALA) department.
- Provide secretarial and legal administrative support to a Senior Director, Director, and Counsel in the Business and Legal Affairs Department, and provide support on occasion to paralegal(s)/business executives handling transactional, production, insurance, finance, acquisitions, and other entertainment business and legal matters
- Track deal memos and contracts from initial offer through execution
- Candidate will prepare presentations, maintain important department lists/charts and distribute letters, contracts and meeting materials, as needed
- Proofread, edit and redline documents/letters and effectively navigate and operate within various computer databases relating to areas of responsibility
- Draft business and legal affairs related correspondence
- Daily duties will include scheduling and maintaining calendar, and periodic travel arrangements
- Provide general office support (e.g., maintain and organize files and file room, photocopy, oversee submission of outside counsel bills and other invoices for payment, maintain departmental digital resources)
- Interact with all OWN and OWN affiliated business units, including senior and executive OWN staff, as well as, external contacts and vendors
- Collaborate with department managerial and administrative staff in the development of processes and procedures to increase department productivity
- Perform other related administrative tasks as requested by supervisor(s)
- Preferred candidate will have a minimum of three years assistant experience in a law firm or in a business affairs and/or legal department of a television company
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, excellent judgment, strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal and external contacts
- Candidate should display a great deal of initiative and the ability to work independently under pressure in a deadline-driven, detail oriented environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy, composure and professionalism at all times
- Candidate must have the ability to work with sensitive information and maintain its confidentiality
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat Writer and ability to navigate in web-based database environments
- Candidate must have the ability to identify and manage important administrative issues; to effectively prioritize work assignments and shift priorities when necessary
- Demonstrate flexibility in job responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and maintain excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable with and able to complete projects assigned by manager(s) working off-site
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience a plus
- California certified notary public a plus
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
OWN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.